We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why I've been MIA....

Things have been so crazy these last few months for us.  Have you ever felt that you just can't do it all?  I'm sure you all have.  We have had some new and exciting opportunities come our way and are making some life changing decisions right now.  It is scary and exciting at the same time.  I have to have faith and trust in Sam that he will be guided to make the right choices.  The past couple of months he has been working two jobs, his State Farm Agency and is now working in another company called Pro Star Capital.  If things work out with this new company there is a big possibility that he will get out of his State Farm agency which is huge.  We are giving it a few more months to see how things go.
   Things have definitely picked up for my photography business with Christmas just around the corner.  I can't say that I really know how to run a business and I have felt completely overwhelmed ( in a good way)!  I actually had to turn 2 customers away this last week because I just couldn't fit anymore Christmas pictures in.  Next year I definitely need to research how other photogs run their business so I can get more streamlined!  The wonderful thing about it is that I just love taking peoples' pictures and it makes me so happy to see that families love their pictures.  This year has been a huge leap for me compared to last year.  I'm am so grateful for all the wonderful photographers that inspire me and have helped me grow so much this year.
  Just so you know, we did actually get a 10 minute family photo session squeezed in Friday just before the sun went down. They aren't great but hey we'll get a card out this week!  We'll be heading down to Glendora on Tuesday for Christmas, so to all our family and friends we wish you a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Steph,

I would love to see you if you get a chance while you are down here ... send me an email and I will give you my info!

Danielle (Thompson) Benschop

Pete & Leah said...

Hey Steph!
You should check out molliejanephotography.blogspot.com She just moved into my parents ward 6 months ago and she already got voted as one of the top 10 photographers in the L.A. area! I really like her style.

Unknown said...

How exciting and stressful. I really want to start a Photography business but, feel the same way you do...where do I start? My Mom is very good friends with a big Photographer and he said he would fly out and set me up...I just need 3 paying customers. I keep giving my services away and that needs to stop!

What is Sam's new job in? Have a safe trip and enjoy Southern Cal.