
This is completely random, but I had to blog about it. While we were down in LA for Scott and Gale's wedding, we went to Disneyland two times. We have annual passes so we go as many times as we can when we are down there. While we were in the line for the Haunted Mansion, Sam said to me "Hey Steph isn't that the girl that was on So you think you can Dance?" When I turned around and looked, there was Lacey Schwimmer with her Mom and a man we didn't know. They were too far back to talk to, so we decided to try and talk to her when we got out of the Haunted House. I decided it would be best to use our knowledge of them knowing Sam's family while they lived in Redlands. Lacey and Benji Schwimmer are great ballroom dancers who were both on So you think you can Dance. Benji won season 2 and Lacey was among the top 4 of season 3. She was also on seasons 7, 8, and 9 of Dancing with the Stars as a professional ballroom dancer. The Schwimmers are LDS and attended church with some of Sam's family.
When we saw them come out, Sam first approached Lacey and she definitely didn't want to be bothered and got on her cell phone. Then I went up and asked her mom if she knew Wendy and Ben Millett. They all immediately lit up and said that they did know them and said they use to go to church together. I said that Sam was Wendy's brother and that of course we were big fans! Lacey all of a sudden started shouting and waving to someone in the distance. It was Benji! He came up to his family and his Mom introduced us to him saying we were related to Wendy and Ben. He shook our hands and was very friendly. He even took a picture with me. It was on my camera phone so it is poor quality. I felt weird bothering them since they must get this a lot, but we couldn't resist. After our picture, Benji rubbed my back in that overly friendly way. I thought to myself, he most definitely is use to this. That was our encounter. Sam and I did notice some things. The Mom, Laurie, wasn't with Buddy, their dad. I don't know if this is recent or happened a long time ago. We don't know if they are still active in the church.


No comments:
Post a Comment