We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Saturday, April 16, 2011

What we've been up too...

     I know I've been a terrible blogger the last year.  The truth is I haven't felt that I had anything worth blogging about because of the trials we were going through.  For nine months we tried to save our house.  Then in September, the bank foreclosed on our home.  We moved to Fairfield and the kids began a new school.  It has been really hard and we all miss our beautiful home.
      After we moved, Paisley began to limp and when we took her to the vet they diagnosed her with patellar luxation in her hind legs.  In her case, it was genetic and would probably continue to get worse throughout her life.  She was on doggy bed rest for two months.  Her limp improved quite a bit, but we came to the realization that she wouldn't be able to keep up with four active kids.  I contacted the San Francisco bay area rescue Westie foundation to see if we could find a new home for her.  Let me tell you this was such a hard decision to make! We also knew we would have to get another dog.  That is when Finnegan joined our family in November.  Then on December 4, 2010 we said goodbye to our sweet Paisley.  I don't think I will ever forget that day.  We have received a few updates on her and she is happy and fitting right in with her new family.  Even though it was tough, I know we made the right decision for her.
     But... during all the chaos, something wonderful happened!  My brother Matt met a girl!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm sorry to hear about your house and your sweet puppy, Steph! I totally understand feeling like you don't have anything fun to share/worth blogging about...why is it that hard things always come in batches?

Unknown said...

I think the realization that life isn't alway perfect is hard for all of us. We've had our challenges this last year as well. I've learned to just focus on all the positives. Sometimes so hard to be grateful when life gets us down. Know you are not alone and sometimes sharing our trials helps comfort other people by realizing they aren't the only ones going through trials. Keep smiling!