We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Monday, May 2, 2011

Succulents!

I absolutely love succulents!  Saturday I decided to finally plant some in my strawberry pot that has been sitting empty on my front porch for years.  My local OSH didn't have much of a selection so I went to Lowes in Vacaville.  Let's just say I got a little carried away and bought enough for several pots, hehe. So here is what I did Saturday!




 The succulent that is in focus is one of my very favorites!  It's called "Baby Toes."  There were only two left at Lowes, so I bought both of them!  They are so plump looking and I love the translucent tops.


I hope they do OK in this pot.  I didn't realize how small the plant openings are so there isn't a whole lot of growing room.


Today was my friends' birthday and I made a cute succulent pot for her present.  I was so excited to take it to her, that I forgot to take a picture of it.  Oh well.  She really liked it.

Here is an example of a pot I'd like to do next!  Oh the possibilities!

2 comments:

A. Smith said...

Pretty!!!

brooke said...

You have inspired me to make a succulent pot! They look so pretty, of course your pictures are always awesome. We need to chat soon!! Miss you!