We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Washing Machine Nightmare!

The washing machine, something you hardly think about and take for granted until it DIES! We have had a Fisher & Paykel the last 8 years and have loved it. I did my last load of laundry two days before my Christmas party, Dec. 5th. Last Tuesday, as I was eyeing the mounds of laundry that were piling up everywhere, I decided to start a load and of course went about my daily life. Later on Savannah asked "What's that beeping coming from the washer"? I went upstairs and saw some flashing lights and just pressed start again and it sounded like it was working again. I stood there a while to make sure everything was O.K. Well, It wasn't! It started doing strange things during the wash cycle, it wouldn't pump water out, it wouldn't spin, and at the same time it was doing it's waterfall thing with water spraying the clothes when it should be draining and spinning! After an hour and a half of trying to fix it, it was 10:30pm and all of Sam's nice work clothes were sopping wet. I then had to call a friend to see if I could bring the clothes over to her house to have them rinsed and spun out. How embarrassing! The next morning I got on the phone to try and get someone who serviced Fisher&Paykel to come out and fix it. Well, NO ONE in Solano county fixes Fisher& Paykel. NO ONE from Napa or Sacramento would come to Vacaville! So, almost to the point of tears, I called the company back and told them no one in my area services my machine. They finally got a national company to come to my house Friday. After two and a half hours of tinkering, they told us it needed a couple of new parts and that they had to be special ordered and would HOPEFULLY arrive by CHRISTMAS! Are you kidding me? That was 10 more days! And the price to fix the washer was half the price of a new one, so we decided it was time to get a new washer. After much research, we got a Whirlpool Duet. The number one reason I chose Whirlpool, the parts will ALWAYS be available! I was able to get all the laundry done in 6 loads! With my old one it would have been 10 loads! I'm so happy to have a new WORKING washing machine!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful to wash more laundry faster! We got front loaders last Feb. and I don't know what I would do without them. Our water bill was cut in half and they have almost paid for themsleves!

Brooke said...

that sounds like a nightmare! That had to be awful to be without a washer for so long! I'm glad you like your new one :)

Anonymous said...

OK, here is the funny part, when Stephanie was shopping for a washer last time she asked me, a full-time appliance repairman in L.A. county at the time, what brand to buy. I told her I prefer Whirlpool because of their parts availability and because everyone works on them. She bought the Fisher and Paykel because the consumer reports review trumped what I told her about it. I told her she would be hard pressed to find anyone who will work on them. She argued that they have a great warranty. I take great pleasure in knowing she has finally taken my advise and gone to Whirlpool. LOL.