I Tag Brooke, Leah, Bonnie, Lacy, Mandy, and Val....cummon' Val post something!
What is his name? Samuel Adam Smith
How long have you been together? We've been together ever since we met! We met the first week of school at Citrus College in Glendora, CA. It was the second week of August 2006. Sam had just come home from his mission about 2 weeks earlier. So, we've been together 11.5 years. We've been married 10 years, four months!
How old is he? He is 32
Who eats more? Sam can eat more than I can at a meal, but I eat more than he does during the day. Sam will often skip Breakfast and even sometimes Lunch because he never gets a break at work. So, many times when he gets home at night, Dinner is the first meal of his day. It makes me so mad when he does that! I NEVER skip a meal!
Who said, "I love you" first? Sam did! It was so sweet too! We were playing scrabble and he some how spelled " I love you" on the board. So I just took some scrabble chips and spelled it out too. He just got this huge grin on his face and then he said " I love you" out loud to me and that he had wanted to say it for a while, but was trying to find the right moment. It was definitely a great moment!
Who is taller? He is. Sam's 6'4.5" and I'm 5'11".
Who sings better? I do
Who is smarter? We are both smart! Silly question. One advantage I have is my memory and my attention to detail. Sam is very good at finding a solution to the problem!
Who pays the bills? We both do. Sam takes care of all the finances in general, but he pays all the business bills, taxes, staff, and I pay all the residential bills.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, but I'm a terrible blanket thief, so he ends up on my side of the bed too.
Who mows the lawn? He does! I take care of the flower beds.
Who cooks dinner? We both do. I'm so blessed to have a husband that is a great cook. I never have to worry about him and the kids if I'm gone during dinner time. I usually cook during the week and Sam cooks on the weekends. He likes to make homemade pizza and he loves to cook a roast and potatoes.
Who drives? When we are together in the car, Sam drives.
Who is more stubborn? I would say we are equally stubborn.
Who kissed who first? Sam kissed me first, I guess. It was like Will Smith in "Hitch" giving the kissing lesson to Albert. "You go 90% and let her come the other 10%". It was very sweet because he didn't just go for it, the choice became mine.
Who asked who out first? Well, this is tricky. I got a friend, Melissa, to ask Scott Johnson to call and invite Sam and his brother Pete to go ice skating in Pasadena with a group of friends. I didn't want it to look like "I" invited him. Melissa and I picked them up though. This was the first " group date" we went on. I was brave and put myself out there and tried to talk to Sam a lot. I really liked him, but my heart sank when he asked me how old I was. I was just 18 and didn't think this returned missionary would give me the time of day. In my head I knew that he would probably date other people for a while. I'm mean, he just got home! BUT, the very next day, he called me up and asked me out on a DATE!!! We dated exclusively since that night. So, I think I initiated the interest, but he asked me out on the first real date!
Who proposed? Sam did. He proposed at the top of Morgan Ranch in Glendora. It is this beautiful look out point that we loved to go to and see all the city lights.
Who is more sensitive? I am, though he is sensitive too.
Who has more siblings? Sam does! He is the second of seven children. I am the oldest of three.
Who wears the pants? We share the pants! I think it's important that we work together to balance our crazy and stressful lives. We compliment each other and together we make a great team! Sam does however wear the pants when it comes to major and important family decisions.
We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Ben and I were sitting here reading your blog and it is funny because we could see some "Smith" traits, Ben is also a problem solver (not always a good thing) And when it came to our relationship I did a lot of the firsts so he would rather not have me fill this out. :) He is funny.
I remember that Ice Skating trip! It is fun reading everyone's stories...only it makes my post look rather boring! It doesn't help I don't remember much...my kids remember more than I do these days! We found a photo album of Kelsey's 3rd Birthday and Savannah was in the pictures...I can't believe how time has gone by!
I would love to see some of your work! I just play around for fun but, would love to start my own little business. I don't know photoshop that well as I just got this newer version at Christmas time. There is a photographer in our ward that has agreed to teach an enrichment class to learn Photoshop! I have a lot of ideas for pictures if my kids would cooperate! I have a few people that would like me to take some photos for them and I guess thats a place to start. I would love to know what you charge and how you started out? Send me an email if you could!
Post a Comment