We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Savannah's diagnosis
Thursday August 21 was Savannah's appointment with the pediatric cardiologist. She had an echocardiogram done and was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse with mild regurgitation. I was not expecting anything to be wrong with her heart, so it came as quite a shock. The doctor explained the condition to me and then asked" Do you have any questions?" I was still digesting what he had just told me, so of course I couldn't think of any questions! He said that her activity didn't need to be limited at this time and that she didn't need antibiotics when she goes to the dentist. I had to research that one when I got home. I guess they would give antibiotics to people with MVP to prevent infection to their heart. They don't really do this anymore. From the research I did, this condition is rarely life threatening. Savannah will hopefully have a normal life and not have any complications. I'm not concerned about her near future, but more her life as an adult. We go back to the cardiologist in a year to see how things are. To say the least, things have been hard for me emotionally since Thursday. Health issues have always been extremely hard for me to deal with and it is very upsetting when your child has something that you can't help her with or make it better. This is not in my hands and I just have to have faith that everything will be ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm sorry you have to go through this! I know as a parent it's so hard when we worry about our kids. Hang in there...
I need to give you a call! By the way, I LOVE the pics of your cousin and the the baby. They're amazing!
Post a Comment