We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Support Stephenie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As you may have heard Stephenie Meyer's partial draft of her novel Midnight Sun was illegally posted to the Internet and has spread like a wildfire! It was done without her or her publishers knowledge. She says that she has a good idea of how the leak happened because there were very few copies that left her possession. The very sad news is that she doesn't see a way to continue. This was a huge violation to her as an author and as a person. She feels too sad to continue writing Midnight Sun and so it is on hold indefinitely! She posted the 12 chapters that were leaked on her website along with the playlist so people don't have to go searching for it illegally on the Internet.
I'm so sad about this!!! I nearly cried when I read this. I've been looking forward to Midnight Sun so much along with millions of other fans. It is so terrible that one idiot has to go and ruin this for everyone else. I'm still hopeful that with time Stephenie will feel the desire to finish the book. I hope she finishes it for herself. It may never be publish because half of it has already been leaked, but hopefully she will post it from her site. I have not read it because Stephenie doesn't want her fans to read this unedited, unfinished version. I may read it later, but for now I'm supporting her. She is my favorite author and I feel so sad that this happened to her by someone she trusted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just started reading Twilight so we will see if I get hooked. I keep getting interupted and I'm not even done with the first chapter. Kelsey and Scott picked up the book and started reading it the day after I bought it. Kelsey has now finished and she loved it. Hopefully it was appropriate for her to read! She started the second book so, warn me if she shoudn't read it! My sister seemed to think it was fine. I plan to read on a business trip I'm going on with Scott at the end of September to the Ritz. I should have 4 days by myself while Scott's in meetings!

Brooke said...

Oh, that's so sad! I hope the person who leaked it gets in serious trouble. I'm about giddy with anticipation waiting for the movie. At least we don't have to wait til December anymore. I got Troy to read the first one and he's started the second. It's nice to actually talk about it with him, even though he's all about the action..although he'd never admit it but he has a crush on Edward too. Who couldn't? :)