We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm Back...

I've been so busy the last month that I haven't had much time to post. The end of July I flew to Utah by MYSELF for my cousin Angela's wedding. It was such a WONDERFUL experience and I'm so glad I was able to go. I got to go to the Timpanogus temple and her sealing was at the Manti temple. It was fun to go to two temples I've never been to. The day before her wedding I got to do Angela's Bridal shoot! I was sooo excited about that! It was my first. We went to this fabulous place that my mother-in-law suggested and it ended up being perfect! I'm almost done editing the bridal session so I will post the pictures soon....
Then two days after I got home my kids started school. That was crazy getting everything ready, getting unpacked, and the laundry done. On my birthday, Sam called me from work and told me he couldn't go to our planned family vacation to Oceanside! I was so sad, but I understood his reasons. I called my Mom and she absolutely wouldn't let us miss this week at the beach. So I ended up getting on another plane with my KIDS! This was a HUGE thing for me to fly alone with the kids. But Brielle is now 4 and she was old enough. The flight there went pretty smooth. The kids had fun going in Grandma's spa and the days at the beach were absolutely wonderful. I love the southern California beaches! The beach is my favorite place to be.
Today wasn't so great. The kids ended up getting colds, thanks to school starting, which made flying HORRIBLE!!!! Caitlin started crying because her ears hurt the minute we took off. I tried everything I could, all the tricks to unplugging your ears, but nothing really helped. The ride was turbulent the entire flight, and I really, really don't like turbulence!!! As the plane started to descend, I knew the worst was coming.....and I was right. Caitlin started wailing! She was way past listening to me and then Brielle started crying too. I just told myself that I only had about 10-15 more minutes until the plane would be on the ground. I could live with that. I felt sorry for the people sitting around us. When the plane landed Caitlin, yelling through her sobs, told me she had to go the the bathroom REALLY bad. We were at the back of the plane and had to wait for everyone else to get off. We basically ran to the closest bathroom, but she made it just barely. The moment I won't forget though was when we were going down the escalator and I caught a glimpse of Sam. He instantly got this big smile on his face when he saw us coming down. I said to Brielle "look there's Daddy!" Brielle caught sight of him and immediately started running towards him. Sam got down to her level and opened his arms wide so Brielle could run right into them. It was a priceless moment! I asked Sam about it later tonight, and he said he had been waiting for that moment all week!

I will post pictures soon.....I need to get settled first

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Steph,

I saw your blog off of Scott & Stacey Johnson's, (and I accidentally found their blog after a few others) so I thought I would say hello. Your family is so cute! I would love to catch up with you ... drop me a line with your email address ... my email is LVMEXDER@AOL.COM ... our blog is benschopboys.blogspot.com ... Hope to hear from you soon!

Danielle Thompson (now Benschop)