Here he is...our new dog Bentley! We adopted him on Monday Sept. 15th. Savannah wanted to rescue a dog from the animal shelter which I was not to excited about. I wanted to get one from a breeder. We were interested in getting a Yorkie, but we took a look at the shelter and they had a Yorkie/ Cairn Terrier! His coat is like the Cairn terrier which I like because it doesn't get as long as a Yorkie's does. He was in pretty bad shape when we first got him. They neutered him and then he had kennel cough. So he felt miserable for several days. I just gave him a bath today so he looks a lot better. He is eating a little better and I think his cold is gone, but we still need to finish the antibiotics. He has a great temperament and is so good with the kids. And he doesn't bark! I knew I would have to give in sometime and get a dog. Now we just have to secure our yard better. He gets out of the fenced yard somehow.
We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Bentley
Here he is...our new dog Bentley! We adopted him on Monday Sept. 15th. Savannah wanted to rescue a dog from the animal shelter which I was not to excited about. I wanted to get one from a breeder. We were interested in getting a Yorkie, but we took a look at the shelter and they had a Yorkie/ Cairn Terrier! His coat is like the Cairn terrier which I like because it doesn't get as long as a Yorkie's does. He was in pretty bad shape when we first got him. They neutered him and then he had kennel cough. So he felt miserable for several days. I just gave him a bath today so he looks a lot better. He is eating a little better and I think his cold is gone, but we still need to finish the antibiotics. He has a great temperament and is so good with the kids. And he doesn't bark! I knew I would have to give in sometime and get a dog. Now we just have to secure our yard better. He gets out of the fenced yard somehow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow, what a week for you! It likes like it was a blast for everyone. I cant believe how grown up they all are! what a cute dog too! Im sure they will have so much fun with him!
Boy, you've been busy! I bet it was so fun to have your mom come for the festivities. Everyone is growing up. I love the pictures of Savannah realizing she was getting a dog, those are just priceless!That is so exciting you got a dog! I bet the kids love him.
I laughed through all your pics and your crazy week! It sounds like you guys had a week to remember! I can't believe how old Savannah looks!
Bentley is such a cute dog. I hope you enjoy having him around.
Post a Comment