We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dealing with loss...

Yesterday was a very sad day.  Our dog needed to find a new home and that was very hard for me and the kids.  He was a very sweet dog and I'm sure he will be OK with his new family.

Then last night Sam got a call from the Bishop saying that a good friend of ours in the ward had passed away.  He was a wonderful doctor and left behind his wife and three young children.  He was in his thirties.  He had back surgery a couple of weeks ago and was recovering well and getting out of the house just recently.  Monday morning ( Oct. 20) he realized that he had a blood clot in his leg and had his wife rush him to the hospital.  That afternoon the clot moved to his lungs and he died early evening.  It has been a huge shock to everyone.  I can't even begin to imagine what my dear friend is going through to lose her husband.  I've been extremely emotional about it and can't stop thinking about her and her kids.  It definitely puts things into perspective.  We have no control over when our time here on earth is up.  Life is so fragile and so precious!  It makes you so grateful for all of your blessings and to have the people you love with you.  It makes you so grateful that we have the gospel and eternal families.  That we will see our loved ones again after we pass on from this life.  This is the first time that a friend of mine, someone Sam and I are good friends with, has died.  It's new for me.  Sam deals with death everyday with his work.  It has definitely made an impact on my life and makes me remember how temporal our lives really are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope everything is better this week. I can't imagine dealing with losing my husband or a child and pray I never have to at our young ages. My Grandma died from the same thing he did...only the doctor's misdiagnosed it and sent her home. She woke up the next morning and then took her last breath at the breakfast table. So, sad but yet hearing things like this makes you realize how grateful you are for what you have.

Email me when you get a chance...I want to update my blog and I see you have done some fun stuff on yours. Is it a template you downloaded or did you do it yourself? If you did it then I want to know how you got those other papers and cute embellishments on it? Talk to you soon!