We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Friday, January 30, 2009

Being creative...

     So I've spent the entire evening updating both of my blogs.  I still need a header for my photo blog, but I'll get to that tomorrow.  This week I've had photo sessions everyday and I'm glad to have a bit of a break next week.  I enjoy the art and creativity involved with photography and the post processing, but sometimes I feel that it takes up too much of my time.  My house is usually very messy, mostly because Brielle does what she wants when I'm working.  She doesn't go to preschool because she is my baby and I wanted to spend these last few months I have with her at home together.  Lately I haven't been spending time with her and it makes me feel extremely guilty.  I promised myself that I am going to take pictures of MY kids this next week.  I haven't really taken pictures of my own family in such a long time.  I'm not counting Christmas because I didn't like those.
     This year I'm Savannah's primary teacher.  It has been fun, but definitely more preparation involved with teaching 11 year olds versus 6 year olds.  One of my new year's resolutions was to exercise.  I have NEVER enjoyed exercise so I'm sure you can guess that I'm not doing to great with that.  I do like Pilates, but I need to put it into my schedule more often.  Another thing I've been working on is playing the piano!   I love music and I often find myself playing the piano for 30-40 minutes without even realizing it.  I'm also considering taking guitar lessons, but Sam thinks I'm completely insane.  We'll see if I can convince him.  I think music is so important to have in your life and so I've decided that all 4 of our kids will play piano to start with and then if they want to learn another instrument that's fine.  Now I just need to get our piano tuned...  some keys are pretty scary!
   

1 comment:

Brooke said...

your blog looks great, I still haven't figured out how to do the cute headers like you do! Sounds like you're BUSY! I think learning to play the guitar would be fun, go for it!