Last night was Wyatt's first pinewood derby! Sam and Wyatt worked really hard making his car. Wyatt designed the shape and Sam helped cut, sand and paint it. We weighed it here at home and it was right at the weight limit of 5 oz. When we got there last night it was a bit light on their scale so I taped 2 quarters to the top. Wyatt's car is the blue one with the tape on top.( Not very attractive, but whatever works!) We were so sad that Sam couldn't be there last night. It's a long story, but he has been having to fly to LA every week for the past 6 weeks. I took lots of pictures and Savannah took video so the event was documented for Sam to see. I still can't believe that Wyatt actually won! He now gets to take his car to the district pinewood derby May 8th!
I love these pictures of the boys just being boys!
Wyatt waiting at the finish line
I really like this picture, it was close, but Wyatt's car is ahead!
Wyatt getting his ribbon at the end.
This is the board with all the races. Wyatt was number 13.
He was so cute at the end of the race. He came up to me and said " Mom I think those quarters were "lucky" quarters!"











2 comments:
That is so exciting! Gotta love Cub Scouts! Way to go Wyatt and Daddy!
Great job Wyatt!!
Post a Comment