
Yesterday afternoon Sam and I went to see New Moon! I was surprised that he wanted to see it, but I think the action and werewolves drew him in. I will try not to give to much away if you haven't seen it yet. I LOVED IT! Everyone who loves the books will love this movie. It stays very true to the book and creatively ties in important subplots of the book. The filming was beautiful. The movie has a very warm feel to it as opposed to Twilight which was cold. I do have to admit that Jacob impressed me very much! He is a great actor and I thought he connected with Bella very well. Their relationship was very believable and I'm sorry to say this, but there was a better connection there than with Edward. For some reason I thought that Edward lacked emotion and seemed more stoic. The werewolves were great and I loved the Volturri. Michael Sheen was great as Aro. One of my favorite parts was when Bella was about to jump and all the other "events" that were happening at the same time. That is a fabulous scene and I like a little twist of plot they made that I think improved the story. Also the music is very good. The only part I felt the music didn't fit the scene was during the Edward and Bella breakup scene. It seemed too upbeat to me, but that's just my opinion. I'm just nitpicking. I really loved the movie and I'm even thinking of letting Savannah see it. It wasn't too violent or romantic. It didn't have any steamy scenes like in Twilight in Bella's room. The camera angles were different so they were less steamy to me. I'm going again on Thanksgiving with my family so I may take Savannah. I won't let her read the books until she is older, but the movies aren't as detailed and emotional.


1 comment:
Thanks for the review! I was a personally a little disappointed with the first movie but have heard good things about this one, so Im excited to see it! Im sure I wont get Jon to go with me, but oh well, his loss!
Post a Comment