We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.

Family Pictures

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Who will potty train my daughter?!!!

So you'd think after potty training 3 other children in a timely and successful manner, the 4th would be a snap right? WRONG! Brielle is 3 1/2 and still won't potty train! I've tried EVERY trick in the book, all the techniques that I used with her other siblings and she still won't do it. The funny thing is that she goes around and tells everyone that "she is wearing panties". My favorite was when the young men's president came to the door and she made her "panties"announcement to him. He has 5 boys, so it may have surprised him just a bit. The other day the sisters in our ward came over and Brielle wouldn't stop talking to them about how she is potty trained. I just stared at her in disbelief. So tonight, I once again tried to get her to put the panties on and practice. This was her version of potty training! She ran around outside just like this while I was photographing the Lunar Eclipse IN the street. Well, if anyone has some great ideas to help motivate Brielle PLEASE send them my way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My twins weren't easy and Carter still where's pull ups at night. Now I'm onto my youngest. Have you tried candy? We got a gum ball machine for Kelsey and everytime she sat on the potty she got a penny to get a gum ball. She loved Gum Balls so she would just go sit on the potty to get a gum ball. It worked though. It got her in the habbit of going and she knew we knew she was capable of using the potty in just a few days. The twins Potty trained over the summer when they could run around in swim suits. They wanted to go to Preschool and they have to be potty trained to go to school! Good Luck!