We live in Vacaville, CA and absolutely love it! Sam and I have been married for 13 years and have 4 awesome kids ages 12-6 years old. Sam is a State Farm Insurance and Financial Services Agent and has been in his Agency in Fairfield, CA since Sept. 2006. Steph is a busy Mom and a natural light photographer specializing in family and children's portraiture.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
A downside to Vacaville....
It is harder than I thought it would be to live in an area right by Travis Air Force Base. Great people move into your ward, ... but then they move away. Since January most of the friends that I had gotten to know well have moved. I have a couple of close friends that aren't military and won't be moving. It takes a while to build a good friendship and then for them to turn around and say they're moving in a month.... it's HARD!!! It's funny because Sam doesn't need friends. Maybe because he deals with people all day long and just wants to relax on the weekends. But us stay at home moms who deal with our "adorable" children and all the disasters, messes, fights, poop, laundry, chauffeuring, cooking, cleaning....etc...need really good FRIENDS! And it really stinks when they move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
At least I'm moving closer! I am VERY afraid of when we move in the middle of nowhere and I have no friends! I know it will be lonely sometimes. sometimes I shudder when I think of spending even more time with my 'adorable' children!
Post a Comment